Re: Pasting text into dia diagrams. Was: Re: hello
- From: Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>
- To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Pasting text into dia diagrams. Was: Re: hello
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:20:17 +0100
On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 21:58 +0100, Marcel Toele wrote:
pasting text from the paste buffer in dia does not use 'ctrl+v', but
I never understood this design decisionÂ either but it's the way it
works for now.
Not so much of a decision as a dirty hack.
Â I think it has to do with the fact that:
1. A selected text object in dia always has keyboard focus;
2. On top of that, dia always keeps short-cut focus.
Exactly. Used to be you could only copy/paste objects, then I added the
hack of extra text copy/paste shortcuts since it was a lot easier than
fixing the text input system.
I saw a discussion about text objects and focus a few weeks ago, don't
has become of it. Again, it would be best to have text objects
keyboard focus. This way it should be possible to differentiate
between ctrl+v on a
text object *with* keyboard focus (namely, paste text from the
and ctrl+v on a text object without keyboard focus, namely a shortcut
that doesn't get
handled and should dripple through to the diagram keyboard handler to
issue a paste
of what is inside a dia copy buffer.
It's getting there. We now have a working splitup between text edit
mode and non-text-edit-mode, which allows us to let normal copy-paste
work on the text in text edit mode only. Don't expect text selection
] [Thread Prev