Re: connecting objects in different layers

On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 20:30 -0700, Mathew Yeates wrote:
Hi
I have a feeling that this can't be done. Any work around? I'm writing a
plugin that generates a Makefile from a dependency graph but the diagram
is too "busy" and I would like to keep different objects on different
layers and still maintain connections.

It might be doable.  Look at the Layers dialog, and notice the icon next
to the eye icon (kinda a connection thingy).  If you toggle that icon
for another layer than the one you've selected, you can connect to other
layers.  Sounds like what you're asking for.  There isn't yet a way to
move objects between layers without losing connections, but I'm working
on that for 0.97.

-Lars