ouput diagrams quickly?

Hi,

I use Dia to take notes in my engineering classes.  I usually type in an Abiword and draw the diagrams in an open dia window.  What I want to know is if there is an easy, quick way to integrate a diagram into my Abiword document without doing a "save as" and then importing manually into Abiword.

What would be sweet is if I could group a bunch of objects, and then drag-and-drop them right into Abi-word, and it would essentially "paste" it in as an SVG or something.  Does anyone know of a plugin that would do this?  Or is there an easier way to do what I'm trying to do?

Please include my e-mail address in the reply, I'm not on the dia mailing list

Thanks,

Vergil