Re: Requests

James Blevins said:
Please forgive me if I should be posting this elsewhere.

I have been playing around lately with Dia 0.96 for Windows, and my first
impression is WOW. To all the developers out there, I tip my hat to you. I
find Dia very easy to use and rather intuitive. I'm excited about the
tabbed
interface mentioned on this list. That would make an already great product
even more awesome.

Thank you.

Speaking of making fabulous software even better, I have a few requests.
First, I can't find a way to change the default unit of measure from
centimeters to inches. If it's not included, would you please consider
adding it? If it's already a feature, would you please make it more
obvious
how to do it (or just smack me for being too stupid to figure it out)?

It's a feature under addition for the next version.

Second, I may have found a bug. When I set my Diagram Defaults in
Preferences, I chose Letter and leave Portrait unchecked (IOW Landscape).
Whenever I create a new document, it opens as A4 and Portrait. Is there
something else I need to do?

That does sound like a bug.  Could you report it at bugzilla.gnome.org?

Finally, I love the fact that Dia will display diagrams that span across
multiple pages. There are, however, cases where it would be more
convenient
for the display to only show a single page at a time. Would you please
consider adding this feature?

The easiest way to do this is to set Page Setup to do Fit To 1x1.

-Lars