0.96(pre-9): Export misaligned/damaged on Windows

Dear List!

Again on 0.96(pre-9), which doesn't seem to really differ from the just released final. Windows XP SP2
german. With 0.96-pre9 I tried to export some diagrams created with 0.95-1 to EPS - Ghostscript and Irfanview
(does it rely on gs?) are unable to display the files due to an error. Exporting to e.g. PNG or EMF or just
printing results in sometimes slightly misaligned fonts or text flowing right over shape boundaries.
Is that a problem of the new release, or just a problem with my "old" files? If the latter - how can I "fix"
my files?

Thank you very much!

With kind regards,
   Chriss