Re: 0.96(pre-9) crashes on Windows when insereting a line before the first line in a shape that can contain text

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 13:00 +0200, Christian Muenscher wrote:
Dear List!

Today I downloaded the 0.96-pre9 for Windows. Installation worked fine on WinXP SP2 german. But I
discovered a reproducible crash:

- Place a shape that can contain text on a new diagram
- Enter one line of text
- Move the cursor to the beginning of this line of text
- Press Enter
-> crash

I know that 0.96 is out, but since the chances between 0.96-pre9 and 0.96 seem irrelevant, I fear that this
crash also made it into the final version. Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Another one coming
right after this one here...

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with the prereleases.  There's
*always* serious bugs being found right after release anyway.  I could
cut it down to maybe one or two pres, giving a few folks time to make a
sanity check, then release and get about the same result.

Anyway, I have reproduced the bug, it appears to be caused by shapes
finding text ascent in old-fashioned ways.  I have a fix for it, but
need to make sure I base it off of the right revision from SVN (not too
used to SVN yet).

-Lars