Re: Creating custom properties

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 15:28 -0600, Paul Watson wrote:
I would like to be able to create custom properties on a shape to
store additional metadata.  Is this possible?  Is this only possible
if I create the shapes?

It is possible when creating a shape, by using the ext_attribute tag.
There's a few examples in the shapes distributed with Dia.

Can a shape have code executed when an event, such as selecting, it
occurs?  Can this be written in Python?

Some events can be handled in code, but not all.  For what the Python
plugin allows, I will refer you to Hans.

-Lars