Re: A question of Dia

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:42:07 -0400, Lei Hu wrote
Hi, everyone, I am a new user of Dia. I met some problems when using
it to export an eps file. After I include the generated eps file

in my tex file, I found the obtained figure was not in the center,
i.e. there exists a big space in the bottom of the figure.

I have been using (quite often) exported eps files to be included in tex files
 and I only cared about percent scaling. I did not experience your problems.

One possible reason for the extra space: May be your diagram has an emty Text
object you can't see  making your diagram bigger than you think. If this is
your case you could see those invisible objects selectioning "all".

(Many times, when I want a printed diagram, not to be included in a document,
I add some empty Text objects in order to improve the positioning in the paper)

I set Page Setup of Dia in following way:

Paper size : A4

Margins :

Top 2cm

Bottom 2cm