Re: Strange error message

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 13:58 +0100, James Wilde wrote:
I have just installed Dia and tested it by using it on a real job.  I'm
very impressed.

However, when I start it, I get an error message window coming up, with
the text:

Could not find plugin init function
in `/usr/local/lib/dia/libxslt_filter.la'

I'm running Dia under Ubuntu Edgy and the libxslt version is 1.1.17-2
build 1.  I don't know if there is a newer version that I should have.

It's not a problem with libxslt, but with the libxslt_filter plugin.
Sounds like you have that mentioned file left over from an old
source-based installation, and now you installed a packaged version that
still finds the old library and doesn't like its binary interface.
Which version of Dia did you install?

-Lars