Re: Show accelerator keys in toolbox (patch)

Hi there!

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 09:20:38PM +0200, Lars Clausen wrote:
On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 20:55 +0200, jan uos de wrote:
Looking at the source, I noticed that the list of tool descriptions is
duplicated in app/menus.c and app/interface.c. Following that structure,
I unfortunately had to duplicate the accelerator key information as
well. Maybe one would want to restructure this part, but I didn't feel
familiar enough with the dia source to attempt that.

Thanks for your patch.  It looks good enough for me.  The best way to do
it would be to somehow find the corresponding menu items and get the
accelerators out of there, but I think that's not worth the effort.  I
have applied it.

Besides the duplication, I recently realised another short-coming: If
you set your own accelerators for the menu items, the toolbox would
still show the old (default) ones.
I looked into the code again to see, whether I could implement something
along your suggestion. But my knowledge of the GTK api is just to
sparse, to see, what would be 'the right way' to do it. I figured, that
should someone indeed change the accelerators, then they would probably
use these accelerators all the time anyway and won't look at the tooltip
again. =) But I just wanted to point this out, since it could be of
course considered a bug.

Regards,

Jan