Copy Text/ Past Text

Hi there,

    I was unsuccessfully trying to exchange some text between dia
shapes (mainly UML Notes) and external editors (I've tested with emacs,
gedit and a few other applications).

    "Paste Text" works just fine. However, I was unable to "Copy Text"
from UML Notes and paste in external applications ("Cut Text" does not
work also). Between dia shapes in the same diagram  it works just fine
however.

    Is any one else having the same problem?

    My environment is:

Dia 0.96-pre3
Distro: Gentoo Linux
Gnome 2.16
GTK+ 2.10.6

    Looking at the source code of dia (apps/commands.c) and at the
gtk-demo application, I've noticed that dia is using for clipboard id
GDK_SELECTION_PRIMARY while gdk-demo suggests GDK_SELECTION_CLIPBOARD.
Recompiling dia with the clipboard id used in gtk-demo made things work
just fine for me.

        []'s

        Luciano

        Lu