Re: changing eg thickness of many lines at once

On 20.02.2007 14:27, Tom Yates wrote:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Lars Clausen wrote:

If it isn't a FAQ (see live.gnome.org/Dia/FAQ), it should be.

i did look, and didn't see it there.

You can currently group them all and then change them, however a) lines
grouped to outside objects will get disconnected, and b) any other
properties they may differ on will become the same (e.g. color, arrows
etc).

that then means i have to reconnect all the lines manually, so there's
basically no way to do this without visiting each line individually?  ok -
thanks for the prompt answer!

There is a way, but apparently not wildly known. If you have the Dia Phyton
plug-in available there will be a menu entry (for 0.95.x only in the
contect menu, see bug #171397), "Dialog/Dia Group Properties".

Just change one line to the desired width, than select all lines and
use the above menu entry. The dialog shows all shared properties of
the selected objects.
From the drop-list "linestyle" select the desired width and also set the
check box. Note: this is just a prototype to overcome the limitations
described with the group-work-around.

        Hans