Re: How to avoid having the properties dialog pop up *over* the object?

christian ridderstrom gmail com said:
Is there a way to avoid having the properties dialog pop up *over* the
currently selected object?

This happens quite often to me, so it'd be nice if the dialog could take
into consideration the location of the selected object and pop up to the
side if needed.

Should I file an enhancement request for this?

X doesn't allow absolute positioning of windows, but you can suggest a
position.  We don't right now suggest anything, letting the window manager
do what the user has asked for.  While it wouldn't be technically
impossible to give such hints (though the upcoming multi-object properties
makes it trickier), I'm a bit leery of messing with that.

-Lars