Re: Dia with newer python on win32

Hi Andreas,

As I feared, I've to compile it on our win systems.
Is there an "tutorial for dummies" for compiling dia on win systems with
MinGW or
other freeware ?

First of all, I'm not aware of any successful Dia Win32 build using
anything else than
MSVC 6.0. I'm also not sure if it will be possible to link against
msvcrtXX.dll using MinGW
or something else.

You can have a look into bugzilla there is a patch to improve
compilation results for Dia
using MinGW - but again, to my best knowledge, this build was not 100%
successful.

The Dia compilation using MSVC 6.0 and the GTK+ Development
environment got "really" easy, I'm planning to release another Dia for
Windows compilation guide, however I thought that the Shape tutorial
will be of interest to more people.

I cannot tell you about effort needed to compile all of Dia's
dependencies using a MSVC version that is compatible with newer
Windows Python versions (or rather msvcrtXX.dll). Note that there are
free editions of MSVC available now (Though I cannot tell you if they
will be sufficient to do the job).

Regards,

Steffen