RE: How to add a shape to Dia, step-by-step

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:33:30 +0930, Young, Robert wrote
On  Tuesday, 21 August, Steffen Macke wrote:

for those of you who would like to add some more shapes to
their toolbox, but don't know how to do this, here is a first
version of a step-by-step tutorial including screenshots:

http://dia-installer.de/howto/create_shape/index.html

Comments are welcome.

Looks good. Figure 3 is a duplicate of Figure 2, but I think you
meant to have a picture of the dialog specifying shape icon size?

Good work!

Rob, I'm sure your tutorial will be very useful.
A question: when one exports a diagram to get a shape. the dialog for .png
offers 22 for at least one of the sizes, many times it is the height, but
some other times it is the width. Wouldn't be better to accept what dia offers
in order to get same aspect?.

Another question: Would it be convenient to explain how to change the .shape
file to get: fewer connection poins;  a "main" connection point;  a textbox,etc ?

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the
CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are
requested to contact the sender and delete the email.