Re: tabbed interface

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:50:22 -0700, Patrick Hallinan <patrick j hallinan gmail com> wrote:
On 4/29/07, Octavio Alvarez <alvarezp alvarezp ods org> wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 07:35:46 -0700, Patrick Hallinan
<patrick j hallinan gmail com> wrote:

> I appreciate the encouragement.  This is my present TODO list:
>
> -Maybe add short cuts alt-1,2,... for selecting tabs like in GEdit.

May I suggest this shortcuts to be ctrl-1, ctrl-2... instead? Or
ctrl-shift-1,2...

I don't have any preference for this (i.e. I'm happy either way). Is there a reason that you would prefer ctrl-1, ctrl-2?

Well, I've seen applications tend to mix modifier usage, and this causes
conflicts with other software, for instance, that set global keys or the
like.

I've noticed that apps tend to mostly use Ctrl, and WM/DE tend to use Alt.

Like, Alt+1 and Alt+2 are WM-wide, but Ctrl+F6 cycles through windows
inside applications.

--
Octavio.