Re: Rotating 45?/90? (sorry, my bad with the subject line before)

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 21:32 +0200, Joachim Otahal wrote:
2nd try, this time correct subject line.....

dia-list-request gnome org schrieb:
From: "Lars Clausen" <lars raeder dk>

Subject: Re: Rotating 45?/90?

It's not a problem in the underlying rendering libraries, and hasn't been
for a while.  It's a problem of integrating it in Dia:<vut>

-Lars

I know this reason already, my older question is still somewhere in the
DIA list I suppose. Would modifying (hacking ?) the
Obiject-to-be-rotated to be it's turned representative work? Do not
store the object rotation, store the rotated object and the renderer
doesn't have to be changed (I know, supposed-to-be-ugly style).
45 is probably impossible without side effects since doing 8*45 turn
doesn't mean we are back at the way the original object was (rounding
problem), but 4*90 gives you back the original. And IF turning, don't
forget the connector points the lines go to, I tend to give all holes of
a networkswitch it's own connector point when doing my own objects.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're suggesting.  My thoughts run
towards storing rotation (or even a full affine transformation matrix)
with each object and let them cache rotated values of their points.

-Lars