Re: Can't copy and paste between diagrams in Windows?

Hi Mike,

I don't seem to be able to lift diagram elements from one diagram to
another sing copy and paste (Windows XP OS).  Not text, not shapes,
nothing.  Is this the expected behavior?

This is definitely not the wanted behaviour. I just tried and was able
to copy and paste
shapes as well as text. Did you open the two diagrams in one dia instance or
two (e.g. do you have two toolbox windows or one)? You may have to use
just one instance in order to be able to copy and paste:

* Open your first diagram as usual, then use File->Open from the menu or
drag'n'drop the file from the Explorer to the dia toolbox to open it.

The next dia release will make it easier to keep just one dia instance open.

Regards,

Steffen