Re: Using Python Scripts

Tim Grove wrote:
I've enjoyed using Dia for drawing diagrams; now I want to make use of Python scripts, particularly pydiadoc.py, but can't figure out where to start. Any hints or tips?

+1

I too would like to do this. Unfortunately I am forced to used Windows and the Python plugin doesn't.

With considerable help from a few members of this list I tried (very hard) compiling Dia in a MinGW environment in Windows but failed. That was down to me and is my problem - not anyone else's. I've never tried to compile C code before let alone in a MinGW environment. I was warned it is tricky.

If you take the MinGW road please make your plans public because I'd like to see some success so I can tag along. I hated giving up.

I'm not prepared to install MS Visual Studio (or whatever it is called) so if you take that road, I would be very interested in binaries.

Good luck

Mike

Regards,
Tim Grove