Re: Maybe I'm missing something

Sorry I was opaque.

The gist of my request is this. When I place objects in a diagram, I want them aligned in particular ways. I can use the alignment tools, but those are not always what I need. I want text to all appear on the same line, for instance, underneath the boxes they describe. I would like to select the text and use the arrow key to move it up one pixel.

Or I have a box that is one pixel off from where I want it. The mouse is a very sloppy way to grab and place it, just not accurate enough controls--I would like to have it selected and then use the arrow key to move it. GIMP has this functionality, which is why I often perform final alignment of my images in GIMP.

dia is a wonderful tool-- I am the guy in IBM who got a group of people worldwide using it for official diagrams. But this would be a nice feature for those of us who are nit-picky about object placement. As the other guy said, let me fine-tune the placement and then I will get the attached lines in place.

Thanks-

Jim Clark