How to fill a star?

I am happily using my .94 on RedHat without troubles. Until today. I made a 5 pointed star and selected a red fill. Click Apply, nothing. Tried to set the colors for new shapes, got a red outline, but no red fill.

All my other shapes are the color I want. Nearly every new shape I create comes in with a red border and red fill. (Some do not...as I just try different ones on different menus.) But this one shape (from the Assorted shapes menu) does not fill.

Am I doing something wrong, or should I just select a different shape?

Thanks-

Jim Clark