PB : Catching delete & cut events / Returning nothing in some functions

Hello,

I'm currently designing objects for Dia, that can be linked and I'm wondering if its possible to catch events (like cut or delete) to avoid technical problems ?

I explain myself. I have a Box (first object) on which I can add Connector (second object). This second object should not exist whitout being on a Box. But when the user supress a Box its Conectors still exist.

I've seen in the sources that DiaObjects have parent/childrens attributes. Will it solve the problem if I used these instead of my own current lists ?

Another related problem, that I have, is I can't forbid the user to copy or cut the connector and paste it anywhere on the diagram (major problem for me if he does not paste it on a Box...). The "copy" problem : if I return NULL in the copy function of the Connector Dia crashes. The "cut event" one : I haven't find how to catch the event yet.

I've find some trick to delete unwanted copied Connectors (put a flag on them the they suppress themselves). But I still can't find any solution to catch these delete / cut events.

Thanks in advance,

Camille MAURICE
ATIM

Thales Services
Engineering & Process Management
Domaine de Corbeville
91404 ORSAY - FRANCE

PS : Please excuse my awful English

Votre nouvelle utilisation de la messagerie : Windows Live Messenger Beta