select/copy/paste/delete when editing text and UML widgets
- From: Todd Chambery <chambery dev gmail com>
- To: dia-list gnome org
- Subject: select/copy/paste/delete when editing text and UML widgets
- Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:29:12 -0400
I've been using Dia a lot recently, and am learning to really like it.
I haven't found a non-commercial program similar to Visio with all the
features Dia offers. That said, I have noticed a few "inconveniences":
1. When editing text, select/copy/paste don't work, and the delete key
deletes the object. Given the amount of text in any drawing, it's
tedious to have to retype everything. Not having a delete key just
makes that task all the more difficult.
2. UML fonts and line thickness. I've seen some comments in the archive
about this from a few years back, but the use of non-resizable monospace
fonts and thick lines make the UML tool unsuitable for all but personal
use. Since I don't need the diagrams for generation, I'm using nested
boxes and text, but it would be much nicer to use the dedicated tools
(especially when defining associations).
Any ideas on workarounds appreciated,
] [Thread Prev