Re: Adding objects to Dia

Hey Leon,

To add elements to Dia, you do make them with SVG. You also need a PNG representation, which is used as the icon in the menu.

To create a set of shapes, you'd want to go into Dia, (in the main window of Dia) File/Sheets and Objects and play around with that. It can create a sheet file for you (New, then select the sheet option, which will allow you to create a new "set" of shapes). Then you import your shape files.

You might also want to look at some examples (in the install directory for Dia, the default shapes are stored in the (shock horror) shape directory).

Just say if you need any more questions answered.

Nick