Re: resizing objects to the same size

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 14:26 +0200, Linden, Lennaert van der wrote:
Hi,

First of all thanks for such a nice tool. I am having trouble setting
objects to an equal size. There are options for aligning objects, but
I can't find a function for setting the object to the same size.

I have skimmed through the list archives of 2006 and the Dia tutorial,
but couldn't find an answer. The search engine in the archives page
shows an error message:

Not Found
The requested URL /mailman/search was not found on this server.

Is this functionality available in Dia or can resizing only be done
manually?

That is currently not possible in Dia.  You can use the grid to get some
of the effect, but obviously with constraints and manual work.  Since
different objects have different ideas of how to resize, it's not quite
trivial to implement.  I had a hack in there for a while that allowed
you to set the width and height as properties for element-style objects,
but there was a bunch of cases where it got out of synch, so it is
currently commented out.

-Lars