fuzzy fonts

Hi,

I have a problem with the text displayed by Dia.  For most fonts it is
very fuzzy, and the same quality is exported to PNGs.  I have an example
here:

http://www.rowetel.com/diagram1.png

The top text is fuzzy (sans normal font), the bottom text is clear
(MiscFixed font).  MiscFixed is currently the only font I can get to
display clearly.

I am using dia 0.94 on A Centos 4.1 system (Gnome) on Compaq laptop.
View-Antialias is off on Dia.  All of my other system fonts look great
(although this took some work).

The fonts displayed in the preview part of the "select fonts" Dialog in
Dia (obtained via double-clicking on the text,  the clicking on font
name in the Properties:Standard-Text dialog, then clicking on Other-
fonts) look great.

Thanks for any suggestions,

David