Re: convert .dia files into .jpg

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 18:43 +0000, Kevin Patel wrote:
Hi,

Is there anyway to convert a .dia file into a .jpg?
 I read a few months ago about using 'dia -e outfile.jpg infile.dia '

I'm running on windows and this doesn't seem to work. I tried doing
this in the same directory that my sample file is saved under but this
does not work, and just changing the file extension to .jpg has no
effect (though it works to and fro with .xml files)

I would like to do this becuase I am trying to write some java that
will generate a preview of a .dia file.

The other option that works manually is to physically right-click
the .dia file and select 'create Windows Meta File ' (WMF) , though
just changing the extension does not work.
(The WMF can easily be changed to a jpg file)

Are you sure you want it as JPG?  JPG is good for photos, but leaves
rather ugly artifacts when used for vector graphics and fonts.  PNG or
BMP are better suited for this kind of file.

You might try exporting with .jpeg then changing the extension.  When
you export from within Dia, it will show you which formats are
available.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (lars raeder dk, larsrc gmail com, http://lars.raeder.dk)
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the