Re: Newbie Questions

hi Brian
let me know how you go with this. I coach Soccer and have hunted hi and low for an application that would allow me to develop plays and drills. I have found nothing that would make this easy for me...yet. I spoke with some developers of inkscape(linux coreldraw, also available for windows) to see if we could make a script of text that would then render it graphicaly. While they seemed interested unless I can drum up lots of users its hard to motivate them. they indicated it shouldnt be that hard. It would of course animate the progression of the play/drill as well as produce a graphic with textual description.

bdk unb ca wrote:
Just installed Dia with the thought of using it to draw diagrams for basketball plays. There seems to be a minor problem or two that I noticed right off the bat.

1. When drawing a rectangle the connection points in the middle of the verticle lines are not at a point at half way on the line. Makes it difficult to cut the rectangle in half.

2.When trying to draw a line in side the rectangle from the connection points dia won't let it happen.

3. It has all the shapes necessary to do basketball diagrams except a wavy line which is used to indicate dribbling the ball. How do I get a wavy line?

......Brian K