Embedding an image in a diagram?

Is there a way to embed an image in a diagram?

I know about the image object, but that uses a path to an external image.
Since I would like the diagram to be correct on both a windows and a linux system, I obviously get into problems with the path then.

So, is there a way that I can embed the image?

Alternatively, it might work if it was possible to specify alternative paths to the inserted image. Then if the first path doesn't work, the second path will be used.

Should I file any of the above in bugzilla?

cheers
/Christian