Re: Adding objects to Dia

On Sat, 2006-07-29 at 14:51 +0200, Leon Mintz wrote:
Hi.
I was trying to do as suggested. Dia does open both plain svg and
inkscape svg files. However, I've encountered several difficulties:
1. When I open my SVGs in Dia, it comes out in a way that doesn't let
me resize it. When I export it as a shape file and try to add it to a
sheet, Dia crashes.

Which version of Dia is this with?  With 0.95.1, I can open all the
svg's in that zip file and they all allow resizing.

2. How do I set a mid-point?

By adding a connectionpoint with attribute main="yes".

3. Is there any non-textual way to set connection points?

No.

4. In a sheet, is it necessary to add all left-to-right and
right-to-left and up-down and down-up images, or can Dia handle those
90deg rotations itself? (see Circuit sheet for example)

Dia can't handle 90degree rotations yet, only left-right and up-down
flips.

5. Only B&W shapes? Can we take SVGs from wikimedia commons?

Not only B&W, just most shapes are that way.  Check out the Cisco
shapes.files.

Nick, Lars: Please write me any suggestions or corrections.