Can't run Dia 0.95-pre7 on XP

I've been successful in the past with various versions but today I went to
http://dia-installer.sourceforge.net/ and followed the links:

  Please install the GTK+ Runtime Environment first:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gimp-win/gtk%2B-2.8.15-setup.zip?download

  Then install Dia for Windows:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dia-installer/dia-setup-0.95-pre7.zip?download

and then unzipped and installed on 'Windows XP Pro, Version 2002, SP 2
and when I click on the Dia icon on my desktop, I get the Loading Dia
dialog for a few seconds then:

   diaw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
   We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The More information link leads to:

   Error signature
     AppName: diaw.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0  ModName libcairoo-2.dll
     ModVer: 0.0.0.0   Offset: 0002359a

Do I have a bad version or a bad installation?  Is an earlier, stable
version availble?

                                         Chris