Re: symbol development for dia 0.94

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 10:00 +0200, Robin Schöpf wrote:
Dear Developers of Dia

Right now we are having a project work at school where we are
developing new symbols for your software "Dia 0.94".

These symbols can be used for event-driven process chains. We wanted
to ask if you might be interested in adding these symbols to your
software environment.

We have attached the final version of the symbols.

Thank you for contributing!  The EPC system seems fairly widespread, so
it would be useful to have them.  I would be happy to add them to the
Dia distribution, there's but a few things that would need to be done
before they can be added -- if you do them, it'll speed up the process:

There should be a sheet containing all the symbols (in .sheet.in format)
with names and in particular descriptions -- I figure you can describe
them more concisely than me.

The "subprocess" shape resizes in a weird way -- shouldn't it just have
a thick border rather than a border that changes width with resizing?

The xor shape icon has an X in it, but the shape itself does not.  Won't
that be confusing?

The shapes would benefit from having a connectionpoint in the middle
with the "main" attribute set to "yes" (see examples in current CVS) --
it makes it a lot easier for the users in the upcoming version.

It would be most practical if you can fix these things, lest I forget
about it and not get it into the next release.

Thanks,
-Lars

--
Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>