Re: Linux DIA file unreadable on Windows

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 11:21 +0200, jean-marie.courbois wrote:
I use Linux (FEDORA-GNOME) to buid my DIA diagrams.

But when i read the dia file on Windows XP, i have this problem: all the
boxes and the connecting lines are correct and at the right place, but
all the boxes overlap...
And when i join two boxes under linux to have one object, each box the
same size, they are still joint under windows, but the size of each box
is different...

Are these boxes with text in them?  Since their size is determined by
the size of the actual text, the size may change if the font or font
rendering is different.  One of my hopes is to work with Pango or Cairo
to make it so that text can be marked as of a specific length, which
would solve this and a few related problems.  Not gonna happen in the
coming release, I'm afraid.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>