Re: arc autogap

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 17:30 +0200, Grégoire Dooms wrote:
Hi,
I finally upload this patch for arc autogap.
This is a partial and buggy implementation.
A first working step is adding a new way of handling arcs with the
modify tool:
keep center and radius and change only the angle of one of the endpoints.
This can be done by holding shift while moving a green handle.

This code combined with a bisection search on the end angle should do it.
It is implemented and only works in a few cases. I have no time to debug
this currently.
As Lars suggested, I release the code as is so someone can fix it before me.
All the best,

The autogap part is severely broken indeed, but the "normal" usage is
ok, and having the shifted version of the arc is nifty.  The other use
of shift for connector angles is not implemented and not as necessary
with the new connection points.  I've committed it to CVS, the fixing
can commence.  If it is not fixed by the time 0.95 rolls out, the
autogap part will be turned off.

But what's the reason behind not propagating the Control modifier?
Also, I'm coming to the conclusion that the autogap method used by
line.c is wrong, and the one used by polyline.c is right (actually
moving the endpoint).  I will probably change line.c, I hope it makes
things a little easier for arc.c

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>