Re: merging layers

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Robert wrote:

Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:05:10 -0500
From: Robert <5b4z8ak02 sneakemail com>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: merging layers

I think I may've went too crazy with layers on my first diagram.

At the time I figured I could always Cut/Paste between layers so merging
layers would never be a big deal.

Now I find that cutting & pasteing severes connections (and it makes
perect sense that it does).

Not sure about preserving connections but my quick test showed that
opening up a Dia file in a text editor (I never compress my Dia files) and
deleting a few layer open and layer close tags works quite well so you
migth give that a try.

I'd like to consolidate a few layers together.
Is there an easy way to do this?
Or, is there a mode to let you move & edit all objects from all layers
when making big changes?

Not at the moment.  Patches are always welcome though.

I'm new here.

Welcome!  Thanks for using Dia.
Please do stick around and help out in any way you can.

If this sort of q is off topic, just let me know and you'll have my
apologies :-)

No problem your question is fine.  This list is for users and developers
of Dia.  Always helps if you do a quick search of the mailing list
archives before asking questions though but I dont expect this topic has
been mentioned before, at least not recently.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

Dia is for Diagrams  http://gnome.org/projects/dia/