creating new shapes with dia

Hello,

I'm trying to do mips datapath with dia, so i wanted to add a shape
for the mux and for the ULA. So I used inkscape to generate a .svg
image, then i got the part i thought was important and i tried to
follow how things were structured on other shapes, so the final
version of my mux.shape file was

<!-- Created with Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org/) -->
<shape xmlns="http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns";
xmlns:svg="http://www.w 3.org/2000/svg">
<name>mux</name>
<connections>
    <point x="10" y="10" />
    <point x="4.5" y="3" />
</connections>
<svg:svg>
    <svg:rect
       style="fill:default;stroke:#000000;stroke-width:0.1"
       y="10"
       x="0"
       ry="120.00000"
       height="582.85712"
       width="240.00000" />
</svg:svg>
</shape>

It seems to me that the ry attribute is not working, as i get a
rectangle and not a rectangle with two curved sides.

Other thing I have trouble with are the conections, I've tried several
numbers but I never got how it works. Maybe someone could explain
those out for me or point to somewhere that will help me to make those
things. I hope I don't have to learn svg and I can just make my
pictures in programs like inkscape and sodipodi.

Thank you for your attention.