Image map from dia?

Hey all,

I'm trying to make a python script that will take as input either a
dia file (un-compressed) or a dia svg file, and output an image map
that can be used in conjunction with a jpg of the same dia file. My
end goal is to use this image map to create a phone tree that shows a
person's information in a popup window, which doesn't leave the image
too cluttered.

My problem is I can't seem to convert dia's coordinate system
(centimeters with a wierd viewbox) to regular pixels. I want to be
able to read the dia (svg?) file, parse out all text (or polygon)
objects, and add an area to the map that corresponds to the jpeg
image. But the dia coords are like 13.035,-2.4 which doesn't make any
sense. And I've read the SVG and dia documentation twice, still no
luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam