Arrow line with text inbetween?

Dear List,

I hope that this is a question that hasn't been answered before.  I'm
after trying to get dia to combine arrows and text together so that the
following is possible:

------ description ------------->
       of arrow

Presumably I'd have to write some XML/SVG code to do this?  Before I do,
I'd just like to check that dia's existing functionality hasn't already
got the above feature in it -- and I'm just blind in recognising it.
I'd hate to reinvent the wheel. :)

Ideally I'd like the combined arrow and text notation to be able to then
be extended so that it would fit around arrows of a curved edge -- but
this aspect is not as important just yet to me.

Anyone have any thoughts?

-- Thomas Adam

--
I know nothing, and understand even less.