Dia randomly crashing under Windows XP Pro SP2

Hello, I started using Dia a little big ago. I really like it a lot,
and would love to continue using it, but I am having issues with
random crashes.

Dia crashes on me quite often. Sometimes I am able to go for nearly
half an hour without a crash, but usually they are more in the 5-10
minute time frame. It pains me to say so, but there does not seem to
be any specific event triggering the crashes. They have happened while
I am editing Class info, while I am forming Class relationships, and
even while I am tabbed out and using Firefox. The crashes are the
generic "dia.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience" windows Debug/Send Error Report/Don't
Send messages.

The only types of Diagrams I have been creating thus far have been UML
diagrams. I have just recently disabled all plugins other then UML to
see if that may solve the problem. It does cause Dia to load
noticeably faster, so I suppose it is a step in the right direction.

If anyone has any suggestions at all, I am all ears. I really like Dia
and would like to use it if possible, my patience with these crashes
is wearing quite thin. I am sorry I can't provide a replicable case,
but the crashes do seem to be totally random.

--
Josh Szepietowski
http://www.goosey.org