Re: decorated edges

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 15:53 -0500, touikan math mcgill ca wrote:
The update command lets one quickly update the properties of objects.
Suppose that I made a drawing but I want to increase the width of certain
lines. I would input the desired width value somewhere, select the update
tool and click all the lines I want "updated".

Basically instead of changing the values of objects by clicking on them
and editing them one at a time, you specify the values you want changed
somewhere and clicking on the objects with the update tool changes these
values automatically.

There is a similar thing being planned, but slightly different:  The
plan is to allow multiple objects to be edited at the same time, but
only have the actually changed values change.  Right now, if you edit
properties for a group of objects, you'll notice that they all change to
having all the same properties (try changing linewidth of differently
colored boxes in a group).  Attempts at doing this right have failed so
far, but it's one of my pre-1.0 goals.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (lars raeder dk, larsrc gmail com, http://lars.raeder.dk)
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the