Re: gnome-print support

On 30.04.2005 03:06, Brian Thomason wrote:
I was curious if gnome-print support has been dropped? After googling a bit, I see that the old gnome-print interface was once supported, at least experimentally, and traces of that code still remain.. i.e., ./configure --enable-gnome-print throws an error stating gnome-print depends upon libxml1, but libxml2 is installed. Obviously, this is deprecated as gnome-print >= 2.2 builds against libxml2.

Instead of googling you may want to try
  ./configure --help
next time. Or just take a look at the ChangeLog

2004-11-21  Hans Breuer  <hans breuer org>

        * plug-ins/gprint/diagnomeprintrenderer.[hc]
          plug-ins/gprint/diagnomeprint.c
          plug-ins/makefile.msc : resurrection of the gnome print renderer.
        Kinda works (alpha quality) for export but does not print yet.
        With bug #158972 resolved this does even work on win32 :-)

Is there any way to compile with gnome-print support? The print dialog is so unappealing to the eye :-) (no offense, great application)

At the moment - as the ChangeLog entry says - it is just using libgnomeprint,
but libgnomeprintui. So no just compile in a new print dialog yet. But
as always: clean patches accepted.

        Hans