Re: newbie developer creating custom object

Hi all,

Since I am working with the CVS version I've also tried autogen.sh and I get:
Running gettextize...
./autogen.sh: 63: glib-gettextize: not found
Running intltoolize
no need for patching file 'Makefile.in.in'
Running libtoolize
/usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4:5: warning: underquoted definition of
PKG_CHECK_MODULES
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
aclocal:configure.in:55: warning: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0' not found in library
aclocal:configure.in:61: warning: macro `AM_PATH_GTK_2_0' not found in library
aclocal:configure.in:255: warning: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not
found in library
You may want to run ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-db2html
to build dia

I've tried compiling with ./configure --enable-maintain... and I get the error:
./configure: line 20580: syntax error near unexpected token `2.0.0'
./configure: line 20580: `AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0(2.0.0)'

I use debian and I have the following packages installed:

pkg-config 0.17.2-1
intltool 0.33-1
libglib2.0-0 2.6.3-1
libfreetype6 2.1.7-2.3
libpango1.0-0 1.8.1-1
libgtk2.0-0 2.6.4-1
libxml2 2.6.16-7
fontconfig 2.3.1-2
libatk1.0-0 1.8.0-4 (the Install notes say ATK 2.0, where can I get this?)

for CVS:
automake1.9 1.9-5
autoconf 2.59a-3
libtool 1.5.6-6
gettext 0.14.4-1

The problem seems to get it's looking for version 2.0 of some glib
libraries (or atk libraries) but I don't know where to get them. Right
now dia works fine when I just grab the binaries from debian.

What am I doing wrong? should I not be working with the CVS version of
dia, but maybe just the source version off of debian?

Thanks,
Erik