Re: Automaticall open new diagram

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Jeffrey Kern wrote:

Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:37:05 -0600
From: Jeffrey Kern <the xtype gmail com>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Automaticall open new diagram

Firstly, I did not suggest that it should be remove.

Sorry I wasn't clearer but I suggested it and if it turns out to be a bad
idea I dont want to clutter things up wiht useless options and I am
keeping an open mind to removing it if necessary.

Only that there should be the option to suppress this behavior if so desired.

If you have not specified the document you want to open, do you not
usually want a new blank window instead?

No.
I usually launch dia from the enlightenment menu and then click
File->Open and select the file(s) I wish to edit.

I was thinking that at that perhaps the diagram should possibly open in
the already open unused window at this point.  I think that could meet
both our requirements without needing to add more options.  (This might
have been mentioned at the time the idea was first discussed, I'd have to
look it up to be sure though).

(I really wonder how you were so
underwhelmed by Visio which aside from the price is better than Dia in
quite a few ways but) Thanks for using Dia

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Free SVG Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org
Dia is for Diagrams  http://gnome.org/projects/dia/