Re: Putting some prefix to the mailing-list mails?

Chris Green wrote:

It also wastes a considerable amount of the space which is otherwise
dedicated to the actual subject.
Hmmm, do you really think that [dia] would really be an amount in the subject line to think about?

Just wanted to mention that a lot of other mailing lists doing it that way, so it might be a good common practice.

Use an MUA or a mail preprocessor that can sort your mail based on the
sender (or whatever), then you don't need the sender in the Subject:.
I've changed my Mozilla message filter that way.

However, I still think that putting it in the subject line is a better way of handling these topic (and as almost anytime, others seem to disagree :-)

Regards, ULFL