Re: DXF

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 17:10, Luk Schoonbaert wrote:
Dear,

I was searching for a simple alternative for visio and DIA seems to be very
user-friendly. My congratulations for the design of Dia Drawing !

Before I start substantial contribution I have 2 important questions/remarks :

- drawings (with basic shapes) made with the dia drawing tool and exported
as .dxf files are only partially saved and give errors on some dxf viewers.

That is probably fixable, DXF is not a terribly complicated format.

- are there standard shapes or templates for the (simple) drawing of
building sites (ground-plans) ?

No, there isn't.  A severe lack in that direction is some way to do
rotation.  The rest would just be to add some shapes, which is quite
simple.

This is very important and it could be a good business opportunity because
we then consider to make it part of our offering to our customers.

I hope you can get it to be useful.  We are open to patches, especially
in the area of rotation.  For that matter, I am willing to concentrate
on specific area for a reasonable renumeration.

-Lars