Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Tue Mar 23 08:23:02 2004 (UTC)

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 10:04, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Tue, Mar 23, 2004, Ã  09:28:58AM +0100, Dia ChangeLog Daemon a écrit:

+   * objects/standard/box.c objects/standard/ellipse.c : fix gccisms :
+   standard C requires variables to be declared at the beginning of
+   a block, also there is no fabsf() with msvc

Naaah, Hans, this is your C compiler which doesn't conform with C99, that's
all.

More seriously, Lars, perhaps we should consider enabling a few gcc
pedwarns, maybe to the extent of demanding C89 conformance, shouldn't we?

C89 sounds reasonable.

(Hans is sometimes a good substitute for gcc -pedantic, but in the long run,
gcc with suitable arguments will be more patient and help better distribute
the portability effort)

Agreed.  It is unfortunately still too early to expect C99 conformance.

I was surprised to find that {} isn't actually allowed in C, I was fully
expecting it to be a zero-element array.

-Lars