Re: PATCH: ellipse.c : central connection point

Lars Clausen wrote:

Thanks, it has been extended & committed.  Check anoncvs tomorrow, and
you will see a new & better way to handle ellipses.

Great.

But I don't understand the use of the central handle. It seems to be used to move the ellipse. Why is it necessary as the ellipse can be moved by click&dragging anywhere inside it?

On the one hand, resizing the ellipse while keeping the center in place is a very good idea. On the other hand some may be accustomed to the old way (opposite handle staying in place) like for rectangles.
What do you think of using meta-keys to switch from one way to the other ?
And what about using an other meta-key to ensure the ellipse is a circle ?

If you are interrested I can implement this and submit another patch.

Regards,
--
Grégoire Dooms