Re: chinese support glitches?

In <1078500072 748 29 camel debian>
  "Re: chinese support glitches?" on Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:21:13 +0800,
  Yao Heling <hyao sina com> wrote:
2. Maybe it's because the XIM program (fcitx) I use doesn't support
gtk+'s immodule, so I tried to use uim; I installed quite a few uim

No. You can use XIM which doesn't support gtk+'s immodule.

Please tell me how to setting fcitx. I want to try it.

related debs, but am at a loss what to do with each - in a word, I don't
know how to use it; Even if I get uim to work, it doesn't support the

You can only put the following to your ~/.xsession.

  export LANG="zh_CN" # ? I don't know
  export GTK_IM_MODULE="uim-py"  # or uim-pyunihan
  export XMODIFIERS="@im=uim-py" # or @im=uim-pyunihan
  uim-xim &

Then you can activate uim by Shift + Space.

know how to use it; Even if I get uim to work, it doesn't support the
input method I'm used to, so I give tring to using uim;

What is this?
# I don't know how to input Chinese.

3. Now a simple question: do I have to use a XIM that supports gtk+'s
immodule to input chinese charaters (possibly other languages that use
XIM as well)onto dia's canvas? If that's true, is it a bug; as I can

No. I can input Japanese by using kinput2 which doesn't
support gtk+'s immodule.

You may need selecting input method by right-click.

4. Not only DiaText has this issue, but dia other objects (e.g. UML ->
Small Package) that require to type characters directly onto the canvas.
So even if your patch works with text, you may have to produce a patch
for each of this kind of objects.

No. UML -> Small Package uses Text.

--
kou