Re: Dia contribution - system modelling sheets

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 21:26, Christophe Ponsard wrote:
Dear all,

some time ago I contributed some sheets for system modelling
using classical notations like Jackson and more recent one like
i* and KAOS (goal-oriented modeling). Those are problem
oriented notations complementing solution-oriented notations
like UML.

Looks yummy!  This should be able to go in 0.94.  It's not without
issues, though, but they seem to be smaller things:

Overall, the user should be able to set fonts, colors, line
thicknesses.  Even if whatever standards say they should all be black,
there's people who'll want blue and red -- same thing happened with UML,
and anyway it's easy to add with properties.

The Jackson shared/requirement phenomena each have a property
shared/selector, which doesn't affect whether they are shared or
requirements.  This doesn't seem to be the case with the other objects.

Some items crash when I type text into them (Soft Goal, Domain, a number
of objects, actually).  Still happens under GDB, though it can take a
while to see it.  Might be undo related, might be something dancing on
freed memory.  Not consistently reproducable...

The Jackson domains have a minimum size, but if I move the handle to
make it smaller, the connection points keep moving, going off the edge.
Same for Kaos Soft Goal, Kaos Obstacle... seems to be most of the
Element objects.

Also crashed when switching the Kaos Refinements between different
kinds, but can't reproduce that.

The i* actor cannot be resized, yet has green handles.  It should either
have black handles or be resizable.

I'll add them to CVS anyway, then you can make patches out of there.

-Lars