Re: Save an attribute of a drop-down list item

Le Fri, Jun 11, 2004, à 11:36:02AM +0200, Ben Hetland a écrit:
Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

Le Thu, Jun 10, 2004, Ã  11:23:10AM +0200, fenxp free fr a écrit:
<dia:attribute name="type">
 <dia:string>#Normal step#</dia:string>
</dia:attribute>

you can't have that. "Normal step"  would typically be specified as a
translatable constant string (N_("Normal step")), which means that in
your locale, you'd actually save "Etape normale"

Why can't it just be specified as an "untranslatable" string instead then?

because we want it to appear translated on the screen, that's why! The C
code is supposed to use the enum value, which is chomped by the
pre-processor or (no, Cyrille, not the pre-processor) by the first
stages of the lexer/parser.

Lars' suggestion of doing a temporary switch to locale "C" is
interesting. I would keep the numeric value as well (as I said, having
both will not hurt thanks to compression, and may ease scripting, for
sure).

        -- Cyrille